Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I shot the sound man

Top 5 Songs Abused by Bar Bands in Thamel, Kathmandu
You don't even have to go into a bar to hear these songs...over and over and over and over, in the same order every night. Singled out for derision will be the Full Moon bar, mostly because they are both directly across the street from my hotel, and directly above the cybercafe where I am typing this. I know it's 8pm when they start to play "Mustang Sally."


1. The Doors: "Roadhouse Blues"

2. Dire Straits: "Sultans of Swing"

3. Richie Valens: "La Bamba"

4. Pink Floyd: "Another Brick in the Wall"

5. Bob Marley/Eric Clapton: "I Shot the Sheriff"

Oh, and recorded music I wil never ever have to hear again: Sting's "Desert Rose," that Jack Johnson album, Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Californication," and anything by Tracey Chapman.

No comments: