Thursday, December 13, 2007

Everywhere at once

People (westerners that is) ask me if I don't ever get "fed up" with living in India.

Well, I do get fed up, for sure, with my inability to be everywhere at once. At any given time there are about a dozen places to be, things to do and people to talk to that I find fascinating and worthwhile. This, in contrast to my adopted hometown of Nashville where an appearance by the local belly dancing troupe is the highlight of the month.

Until I learn how to bi-locate, I will continue to miss a few things.

For instance, what looks like it was a powerful, well-organized and well-attended rally of the All India Tibet Support Groups network. The occasion was
International Human Rights Day (December 10) in Delhi. (I think this is also the anniversary, in this case the 18th year, of HH the Dalai Lama receiving the Nobel Peace Prize.)

The
Indian Tibet support groups (such as the All-Party India Parliamentary Forum and Friends of Tibet) are critical, I believe, not only for the Tibetan people and their status after the passing of the Dalai Lama but for Indian national security.

I especially like the banner that reads "India: Remember 1962."
(If you don't get the reference, Google it for pete's sake. Here are some clues: "India" "China" "1962".)

Here are
some awesome photos by Tenzin Dasel for Phayul.

The photo above is one of my own taken at Tibetan Uprising Day, March 10, 2007 in Dharamsala.

No comments: