I am learning a lot about migraines. What the experts call the 'Aura' is lurking just behind my left eye all the time.
What is a migraine?
Usually migraine causes episodes of severe or moderate headache (which is often one-sided and pulsating) lasting from four to 72 hours, accompanied by gastrointestinal upsets, such as nausea and vomiting, and a heightened sensitivity to bright lights and noise. Approximately one third of people who experience migraine get a preceding aura.
And what the heck causes these things??
According to the National Library of Medicine's Medical Encyclopedia, migraine attacks may be triggered by:
- Allergic reactions
- Bright lights, loud noises, and certain odors or perfumes
- Physical or emotional stress
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Skipping meals
- Lack of Water or dehydration
- Alcohol or caffeine
- Dealing with the Indian Embassy of Kathmandu