Saturday, January 09, 2010

Don't call it a comeback

Yes, I've been gone four months. Various family situations made it necessary for me to first leave Nepal and go to Delhi, then leave Delhi and go to Tennessee. It may not be a valid excuse, but it will just have to do for now.

It was my first Christmas and New Year in the United States in seven entire years.

In the meantime, I am trying to figure out how to encode my photos so no one can steal them right off the site anymore. Any clues from code-savvy friends are most appreciated.

6 comments:

Mridula said...

Faced the case of my picture being used without my permission but I am not code savvy.

Stirling Davenport said...

Finally! I was wondering what happened to you, dear Siren. Hope all is well with your family. Was it as much of a culture shock as you imagined? (It sure was for me - and still is.) How soon until you get back to Nepal?

My sister is in Nashville. (Are you anywhere near there?) She and I met for the first time in nearly 2 years over Christmas holidays. We laughed until our sides split. Family is good. Keep blogging, you.

Namaste

Lekhni said...

Watermarking the photos is a great idea. I use Picture Shark, I'm sure there are other similar apps.

The other way people do this would be hotlinking (linking directly to your picture). I don't know how much leeway you have in a blogspot blog of preventing it.

The Bananafish said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere!

vistet said...

Good to have you back...

vistet said...

Good to have you back .