Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Top 5 Stupidest Questions....

Top 5 Stupidest Questions Ever Asked on Lonely Planet's
Thorn Tree India forum:
(and I am not making any of these up)

5. "Can you get a Starbucks Chai Latte in India?"

4. "Is is safe to be seen publicly reading a copy of Salman Rushdie's Satanic Verses"?

3. "What is the language spoken by the Babas and Sadhus of India?"
-According to my inlaws, it's Rupees.

--Yes, that's the language and the new mantra too!
---I think you are underestimating the sadhus.I am sure they are multi lingual and their dialects includes GBP, USD, JPY, DM etc.


2. "Would it be socially acceptable for me to listen to a Walkman with headphones on a train in India? I know the people are talkative and they might consider it anti-social...?"
-I'd like to see the Walkman or book that could stop an Indian from asking questions

and the number one....
1. "Is it true that in the Madras Zoo, you can see a Tamil Tiger?"
-Yes, they are readily identifiable by the blood on their hands.

No comments: